Thessaloniki Entrepreneurship Academy of Digital Transportation
Dates: 4 July – 15 July 2016
Digital Transportation applications aim to provide innovative services relating to different modes of transport and traffic management and enable various users to be better informed and make safer, more coordinated, and 'smarter' use of transport networks. Topics, such as P2P car rental, car/ride/bike sharing, smart parking, real-time traffic/fleet management, multi-modal transit public solutions, mobile applications are only a few examples of application areas. Digital Transportation applications often use open-data and gamification mechanics in order to provide the basis for smart, urban and sustainable mobility in a better environment, society and economy. The global market of Digital Transportation has been estimated to about 6.5 trillion EUR by McKinsey, a significantly fragmented market providing the ground for innovative applications to grow and take a share.
The Thessaloniki Summer Academy aims to select 40 high-school graduates, undergraduate and graduate students from all around Europe with an entrepreneurial interest in Digital Transportation applications. The Academy will be held in the South East European Research Centre (www.seerc.org) and the Hellenic Institute of Transport (http://www.imet.gr) with emphasis on interaction, team-work, experimentation, engagement, implementation and testing, coaching from experts and entrepreneurs, visits to ‘hot spot’ areas, etc. Students will get access to state of the art laboratories of the Hellenic Institute of Transport and work hands-on with real-life data sets. The academy will assist future entrepreneurs to form teams, design prototypes from their ideas, develop innovative business models and prepare pitches.
Whether you have technical skills or just an entrepreneurial interest in Digital Transportation Applications, we invite you to join the Thessaloniki Startiy7 Summer Academy!
The academy will be held in English.
You will learn about:
- Intelligent Transport: Key challenges and market trends
- Hot technologies and emerging tools
- Entrepreneurship fundamentals
- Opportunity recognition and evaluation
- Basic Accounting & Finance management principles
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Business Planning
You will be engaged in sessions:
- Creative thinking
- Idea generation
- Team building
- Lean Business Planning
- The (lean) Business Model Canvas
- Validating your Business Model
- Pitching tactics
You will get:
- Free accommodation and meals
- Up to 100,00 EUR reimbursement of travel expenses to reach Thessaloniki.
- Chance to win funding for your start-up idea
- Become part of a team.
- Form an idea/prototype.
- Compete against the rest of the teams in the Academy.
The best 3 teams, together with the best 3 teams of the other 2016 STARTIFY7 Summer Academies, will participate in a dedicated Boot-Camp in Brussels in October 2016 and pitch in front of Business Angels Investors!
You will need to bring your laptop/smartphone along.
Important dates for the Digital Transportation Academy:
- 30/11/2015: Call for Applications
- 20/05/2016: Deadline for applications
- 28/05/2016: Communication to selected candidates
- 04/07/2016: Start of the academy
- 15/07/2016: Final academy day – Evaluation and selection of the best teams
- Fall 2016 (3 days) - Boot-camp in Brussels